*Please note, the giveaway is now closed. You’re very welcome to comment but will no longer be entered into the drawing. You can always check out Skansen’s webshop to find many of the lovely things included.*
When times are dark, I get especially grateful for all the support from this blog’s subscribers. While this truly is a passion project, the work has its ups and downs and your encouragement nudges me on.
I wish I could send all of you a Christmas present to warm your hearts and lighten up the darkness. Instead, I am hosting this giveaway, where one of you will win a Christmas box of Swedish things. (I am working on a nice “comfort prize” for those who don’t win…)
So, what’s in the Christmas box? I have selected some of the most essential Swedish Christmas things I could find…
What You Can Win *Giveaway Closed*
From the second hand shop in Myrorna in Ropsten, we’ve got (all cleaned and in excellent condition):
- Dalahästar — Dala horses. One of the two horses in this adorable pair is marked “Äkta Dalahemslöjd” and is made by Yngve Tjäder in Nusnäs in Mora in Dalarna. I assume the other one is, too, although it lacks the sticker.
- Herring dish. This glass dish is perfect for serving herring, or any other dish you like, such as beetroot salad.
- Cookie moulds. Use these to bake mandelmusslor or any other cookie you like.
From open air museum Skansen’s museum shop, we’ve got:
- Dala horse tea towel. This beautiful towel made in Sweden from organic cotton is not just for Christmas.
- Julstämning Christmas music CD. This set with three CDs contains many of the most popular songs for Advent, Lucia, and Christmas.
- Butter knife in wood. I just thought it was too pretty to pass…
- Traditional candle holders. These round, red candle holders have been a must at Christmas for as long as I can remember.
- Horse and tomte (gnome) ornaments for your Christmas tree — or wherever you want to hang them. A bit of Sweden everywhere!
- Moose and Dala horse cookie cutters. If you don’t feel like baking, they are also excellent to use as stencils for your crafts projects.
- Polka sweets and Skansen’s blend of tea. These sweets are classis! The tea is Skansen’s black tea flavored with black currants and elderflower, to keep you warm.
Plus, I’ll put in a secret little something from me 🙂
How to Enter *Giveaway Closed*
- Comment on this blog post and let me know what Swedish dish (or drinks, cakes, cookies, or sweets…) you love to enjoy at Christmas. Do you have a favorite?
- Subscribe to the email list. This competition is only for Swedish Spoon’s email subscribers. If you aren’t already a subscriber, you can become a subscriber by entering your first name and email address below. You can of course unsubscribe at any time.
Rules and Info *Giveaway Closed*
- This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Skansen or Myrorna.
- This giveaway is not sponsored — I bought these products at full price (well, I got 10% off for being a member at Skansen).
- Estimated total value: $80.
- The competition lasts until November 25th, 2020, midnight Pacific time. I’ll choose a winner randomly from the comments, using a number generator.
- I’ll reach out to the winner via email to get address details, etc. If I don’t get a response within two days, I reserve my right to choose a new winner, so please keep an eye on your inbox on the 26th!
- I pay for shipping. I don’t think there should be any customs or other import/VAT charges as it is a gift, but if there is, I’m afraid you’ll have to cover that. If I send it and you don’t pick it up, I won’t send it again — shipping is expensive 🙁
- If you win and you’d prefer for me to wait to send the package to you because of the current corona issues, I’ll wait with sending it until you feel it is a better time. Stay safe!
- I’ll do what I can for the package to reach you before Christmas, but I can’t promise that it will. Fingers crossed.
- You don’t need to buy anything to enter (I don’t have anything for sale, anyway). You do need to comment and to be a subscriber if you want to win, but you are of course welcome to unsubscribe at any time. The comment is how I know that you want to participate 🙂
- You need to be above the age of 18 to enter, or else have your parent’s permission.
- Void where prohibited.
I recommend that you check out Skansen’s drool-worthy webshop (no affiliation), where you’ll find many of the things included in this giveaway, and so much more!
But, first of all, enter this giveaway, will you?